Battlerite Royale Patch 0.3.0 is scheduled to go live on Wednesday, November 7th, at 08:00 UTC. There will be minimal downtime.
Battlerite One Year Anniversary
It’ll be a year since Battlerite was released as Free-to-Play on November 8th!
Between November 7th to November 14th we’re celebrating with the Anniversary Chest – a chest that contains all droppable Creepy, Frozen, Lunar, and Prehistoric items. It guarantees a non-duplicate Epic or Legendary drop from any of these events. All event items that can be dropped can be viewed in your collection, but cannot be purchased for Tokens or Diamonds.
In Battlerite Royale, you can obtain these chests by:
- Purchasing them directly for 200 Diamonds per Chest
- Purchase 5 Chests for 1,000 Diamonds and receive 1 bonus Chest for free
- Purchase 20 Chesets for 4,000 Diamonds and receive 7 bonus Chests for free
- Completing this Event Quest:
- Grab 6 Player with the Rocket Booster
If you’re looking for a way to earn more Chests, you can also log in to Battlerite between November 8th 8:00 AM UTC to November 9th 8:00 UTC to get a free Anniversary Chest and avatar. There are also two Event Quests that can be found there. Read up on them over in the Battlerite Arena Patch Notes.
- Fixed a performance issue that was caused by having a lot of friends in the friendslist. Players affected would get random fps drops while in-game.
- Improved the look of the line of sight effect.
End of Curse of the Night
- Account level rewards have been switched back to Silver Chests
- Silver Chests are purchasable again
- Spooky and Creepy Chests are no longer purchasable
- Halloween Cosmetics can no longer be directly purchased
- Boosts can now be purchased with Diamonds
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to purchase some items correctly
- Fixed and issue where Event Chests would not display how many items were owned in that specific Chest
- Fixed an issue were daily quests from Battlerite were shown when browsing Champions in Royale
- Sound effects for Warpstone have been updated
- Voice-over balance update for Pestilus, Blossom, Iva, Alysia, Rook, Jade, Ruh Kaan.
New Feature – Replays
Formerly known as the Odeum in Battlerite and renamed to Replays in both Battlerite and Battlerite Royale. Players can now watch, edit and post replays in the Replays area of the main menu.
New Feature – Export Replays Beta
Players can now opt in to use the new export replay feature under Options / Misc. This feature allows players to export their replay clips in video format to their hard drive and/or upload directly to YouTube. There may be bugs with this feature and it may not work correctly for everyone, please report bugs to the support website.
- Trick or Treat Shrines can no longer be found in game
- Drop-chance for an ability you don’t own now increases with every container you open
- Air Drop now guarantees an upgrade or a side-grade for equipment
- Match starting timer reduced from 2:00 to 1:30
- Jump Pads around the map now begin the game on cooldown
Equipment and Consumables
- Vampiric Potion and Scarecrow can no longer be found in game
- Dropping Rocket Boosters or Warp Stone while casting now interrupts the cast
- Sheep Medallion
- Duration reduced from 10/8/6/4s to 8/7/6/5s
- Sheep is no longer immune to crowd control effects
- Dispels negative effects when transformed into a sheep
New Champion – Ezmo
- Arcane Fire (M1)
- Launch bolts of fire that deals 5/7/9 damage.
- Legendary Bonus: Displace increases your Arcane Fire attack speed by 30% for 1.4s
- Chaos Grip (M2)
- Hold to charge a projectile for up to 1.3s to increase damage and range. It deals 12-24 damage, inflicts Silence, knocks nearby enemies back and pulls enemies far away towards you.
- Legendary Bonus: Increase Silence duration to 0.8s
- Displace (Space)
- Turn into arcane energy, travel to target location and reload Arcane Fire. Can be recast.
- Legendary Bonus: Displace grants a shield that absorbs up to 10 damage for 2s.
- Arcane Barrier (Q)
- Negate melee and projectile attacks in front of you. Negating attacks grants Arcane Fire charges. You gain 1 charge per 10 damage absorbed or 1 charge for each non-damaging attack.
- Legendary Bonus: Negating attacks with Arcane Barrier grants twice as many weapon charges. For each charge gained, heal yourself for 5 health.
- Shackle (E)
- Manifest shackles at target location, dealing 12 damage and inflicting Root to enemies in the area.
- Legendary Bonus: Summon a Tome of Destruction when casting Shackle that fires up to 3 Arcane Fire bolts alongside yours.
- Siphon Life (R)
- Consume Arcane Fire charges to channel a sapping beam that drains 15-30 health from enemies based on charges consumed.
- Legendary Bonus: Slow enemies movement speed by 30%.
- Grimoire of Chaos
- Throw the Grimoire of Chaos to target location. The power of the grimoire draws nearby enemies towards it. It explodes after 2s, dealing 40 damage.
- ROCKET X-67 (M2)
- Cooldown decreased from 6s to 5s
- Damage scaling now increased across rarities
- Tazer (E)
- Stun duration increased from 1s to 1.4s
- Stun duration scaling now increased across rarities
- Tractor Beam (R)
- Cooldown decreased from 16s to 14s
- Oil (Debuff)
- Duration increased from 3s to 3.5s
- Infest (Space)
- Cast time reduced from 0.2s to 0.1s
Rook gained a large buff with the leaping change to Crushing Blow a few patches ago. While this put him in a better spot for Royale, it also encouraged Rooks to play in a rather cowardly playstyle – Rooks could play a midrange neutral game through boulders and punish his enemy with either Crushing Blow or Berserk on reaction. While having a safe option is strong in Royale, it would be more fitting for Rook to want to rush into the thick of things and pummel people into the ground. These changes are aimed at giving Rooks a reason to get in there and brawl. Damage has been moved from both Crushing Blow and Rush into the guaranteed Berserk on successful Rushes. His Berserk also causes reduced damage taken to improve trades, while its movement speed component has been scaled back to make it worse for running away. Pummel’s movement speed while attacking has been increased during berserk to offset the nerf to Berserk’s movement speed bonus, causing a net increase in Rook’s movement speed when attacking during Berserk.
- Pummel (M1)
- Movement speed while attacking during Berserk increased from 70% to 80%
- Crushing Blow (M2)
- Damage decreased from 18 to 12
- Damage scaling increased across rarities
- Rush (Space)
- No longer inflicts Stun
- Damage decreased from 14-26 to 10-20
- Hitting an enemy interrupts non-Ultimate abilities and grants Berserk for 1.2s
- Legendary Bonus no longer grants Berserk for 1.5s when Rush hits a target
- Legendary Bonus now causes Rush to inflict a Stun for 0.5s-1s
- Berserk (Q)
- Counter duration increased from 1s to 1.2s
- Berserk movement speed buff reduced from 30% to 20%
- Berserk buff now grants Rook 20% damage reduction
- Legendary Bonus no longer increases movement speed by 30% during Berserk
- Legendary Bonus now doubles movement speed bonus and damage reduction
- Leeching Thorns (M2)
- Damage and heal scaling increased across rarities
- Evil Clutch (Q)
- Range increased from 9 to 10
- Now Incapacitates for 1.5s when pulling enemies into a wall
- Entangling Roots (E)
- Cooldown decreased from 12s to 11s
- Damage increased from 8 to 12
- Heal over time decreased from 16 to 12
- Tooltip has now been updated to include damage over time
- Entangle duration no longer scales across rarities
- Damage and heal now scale across rarities