Battlerite Royale Patch 0.1.2 will be patched in at 13:00 CEST today, October 5th. This patch contains some bug fixes, some gameplay changes, updates to matchmaking, and updates to Champions. There will be no downtime, but players will be required to exit the game to download the new version.
- Hunter’s Quickblade can no longer trigger from damage over time effects that are applied by Pestilus’ Moth (M1) or Ashka’s Fireball (M1)
- Fixed a bug during airdrop landings where the camera would occasionally make a quick and heavy yank towards the center of the map
- Fixed an issue where kills would become increasingly unresponsive as a match progressed.
- Fixed a bug causing enemy movement to sometimes feel laggy.
- Alysia’s Ice Lance (M2) Legendary Bonus now properly works when not hitting a target
- Made some internal changes to how we report data to the third party API, which hopefully will fix the issues which occurred for third party data consumers with the recent launch of Battlerite Royale. It should now work just like it did back before the launch.
- Fixed an issue where players with a lot of friend requests would receive a large wave of notifications upon login.
- Fixed an issue where Champion statistics did not always show correct data in the profile
Matchmaking and Rating Changes
The matchmaker has seen a few adjustments that should more accurately reflect player performance in a given match. If a player wants to make it to the top, placing well is still important but so is getting a few kills. Overall, there’s also a much larger middle ground where your rank won’t change much whereas the old system you either gained a lot of MMR or lost a bit each match. Due to the fact that the new ranking system is harsher than the previous, we are rolling out a soft reset to allow players to get to their actual ratings more quickly.
- Soft reset to everyone’s ranking. The higher your current rank, the bigger the reset, up to a maximum of 2 leagues.
- The leaderboard and win/loss statistics will be cleared.
- Match Score has been changed to better reflect player performance. It is no longer possible to get to climb to Champion League without kills.
- Rating change based on difference between Match Score and your MMR has been adjusted to allow for faster adjustments for both gaining points and losing points at the extreme ends. Additionally, there is a wider spread of point change in the center. This will make it more difficult than before to gain a large amount of rating from a match when your performance wasn’t great.
- Newly created teams are no longer always in bronze. The initial rank is based on the ranking of both players making up the team.
- Number of Shrines increased from 5 to 7
- Item quality of ability drops from reviving now scales with elapsed game time. Resurrecting early grants Common (green) abilities and late game grants a mix of Rare and Epic (blue and purple) abilities
- Improved clarity on the minimap during skydiving phase
- Each wyvern is now marked on the map. Your wyvern is colored blue and the other is red
- The flight path of each wyvern is now visible to everyone
- Boom Bloom (M2)
- Cooldown reduced from 8s to 7s
- Hop (Space)
- Legendary Bonus no longer provides a Lesser Hop
- Legendary Bonus now grants the Vigor buff, increasing damage and healing by 20%
- Forest Sanctuary (Q)
- Healing changed from 14 when the tree is summoned to 16 over the tree’s 2.2s duration
- Legendary Bonus haste duration reduced from 2.5s to 2s
- Rampant Growth (E)
- Cooldown increased from 6s to 7s
- Assassin’s Cut (M1)
- Energy gain reduced from 6% to 5% on each hit
- Damage changed from 6/6/6/14 to 5/5/5/15
- Legendary Bonus dagger no longer heals when used on Chests
- Elusive Strike (Space)
- Legendary Bonus Lesser Phantom Cut damage reduced from 14 to 12
- Hook Shot (E)
- Energy gain reduced from 8+5% to 6+6%
- Deadly Blow (R)
- Cast time increased from 0.6s to 0.7s
- Energy gain reduced from 9% to 8%
- Black Arrow (Space)
- Fading Haste reduced from 50% to 40%
- Rain of Arrows (Q)
- No longer inflicts Snare
- Legendary Bonus no longer increases Snare factor of Rain of Arrows
- Legendary Bonus now increases max range by 30%
- Moth (M1)
- Moth buff duration decreased from 7s to 6s
- Ally heal over time reduced from 12 to 9
- Bloodsucker (M2)
- Increased damage from 28 to 30
- Reduced healing from 28 to 20
- Increased range from 9 to 10
- Infest (Space)
- Cooldown reduced from 12s to 11s
- Now heals Infested allies for 6 over duration
- Now damages Infested enemies for 6 over duration
- Arachnophobia (E)
- Damage reduced from 10 to 8
- Swarm (R)
- No longer sends Moth projectiles when destroyed
- Now sends Moth to any enemy who attacks the shielded target
- Legendary Bonus now consumes Moth buffs from nearby allies and enemies to increase shield health. Increases shield by 6 for each consumed Moth.
- Scarab Pack (F)
- Scarab debuff damage over time reduced from 20 to 16
- Pummel (M1)
- Energy gain increased from 6 to 7
- No longer reduces cooldown of Crushing Blow
- Crushing Blow (M2)
- Can now be used to leap towards a target location
- Leap length is 4.5
- Cooldown increased from 6s to 7s
- Smite (M2)
- Knockback distance reduced from 2.5 to 1.5
- Movement speed when casting projectiles changed from 30% to 60/40/20%
- Radiant Shield (Q)
- Cooldown increased from 9s to 10s
- Sanctuary (R)
- Cooldown increased from 10s to 14s
- Cooldown now scales with rarity
- Healing now scales less with rarity
- Inhibitor’s Guard (R)
- Duration reduced from 2.5s to 2s