As we celebrate the official launch of Battlerite we want to thank all players that have helped us during this Early Access period. Your support and feedback has been invaluable to us when forming the future of Battlerite. As a small token of gratitude we’re giving all Early Access and Battlerite Lite owners the Classic Gunslinger Jade outfit with two additional color variations.
If you claimed the Classic Gunslinger outfit when it was available as an Event Quest you will receive tokens for the duplicate. We’re also giving you an Epic mount – The Black Steed.
These items will be handed out in two chests, the EA Gift – Jade Chest and EA Gift – Black Steed Chest.
We have also tracked a reported crash in the startup loading screen to Hitman Pro Malware Removal Tool and Avast AntiVirus. Having these installed and active at the same time while starting Battlerite will cause this crash and there is no workaround on our side to avoid this. Players will have to deactivate or uninstall either of these programs to play Battlerite – having only Avast or only Hitman Pro does not seem to cause the crash.
On to additional changes:
- Fixed an issue where old groups were not correctly left when joining groups through Discord invites.
- Fixed an issue where player names in-game could be the wrong team color
- Fixed FPS drop while Ruh Kaan’s ultimate is active
- Fixed an issue with incorrect health on health bars when players become visible
- Fixed an issue where mouse input would not register in matches after watching an Odeum replay
- Fixed an issue with queuing an ability directly after a successful cast
- Rich Game Data
- Updated Discord user profiles while playing Battlerite with new “Now Playing” section, making it easier to keep track of what your friends and community are doing within Battlerite
- Invite Chat Embed
- Added the possibility to party up via chat embeds on Discord, with real-time information about the open party slots and party’s in-game status
- No more exchanging usernames and friend codes or wondering if there’s room for you to join, it’s easier than ever to play Battlerite together!
- Twitch Linking
- It is now possible to link you Battlerite and Twitch accounts for current and future Twitch integration features
- You can connect your accounts in the Options menu, under Account
- Twitch Commerce
- It’s now possible to purchase several items directly from Twitch.tv and support your favorite Battlerite streamers
- All purchases above $5.00 will also reward you with a Twitch Crate which will give you a chance to receive Battlerite emotes, a new Battlerite badge, bits, in-game items such as the Stormy Cloud Mount, and more
- Keep in mind that you will receive one Twitch Crate per transaction if you qualify. For example, spending $15.oo in one transaction will reward you with one Twitch Crate, not three.
- Added confirm popup when trying to leave match
- Replaced reconnecting to active match popup with notification box
- Teams can now be sorted by ranking
- Bot names should be displayed correctly when selecting a replay to edit
- Fixed a bug where a purchased Champion would not be selected after purchase
- Fixed minor translation texts when in lobby
- Fixed a minor layout issue when displaying currencies
- Fixed a bug where token counts would sometimes be increased instantly when revealing an item in a chest
- A profanity filter toggle has been added to the Options menu, under General
- English profanity list has been updated
New Champion – Thorn, The Twisted Terror
Ancient folklore speaks of Thorn, the destructive apparition. Using its network of thorn-covered roots, it would whip, rupture, and drain the life out of any living thing indiscriminately. Some say Thorn is just a story to keep kids out of the forests at night, others say it is an old lie used as a cover-up for misdeeds. Thorn’s presence in the Arena is both a mystery and a very bad omen.
Root Claw (M1)
Swing your claws to deal 12/14/18 damage. Every third hit is a Root Grip that heals you for 8 health and pulls enemies closer.
Leeching Thorns (M2)
Launch 2 leeching thorns, dealing 12 damage each and inflicting Thorns upon hit enemies.
Burrow into the ground and emerge from below after duration or upon recast, dealing 14 damage and Stunning enemies hit for 0.5s. Increases movement speed by 100% and removes movement impairing effects when used.
Evil Clutch (Q)
Grow roots from the ground and pull them towards you, dragging along any enemies in their path and dealing 12 damage.
Entangling Roots (E)
Send whirling roots forward, dealing 8 damage and entangling target enemy. Heals you for 16 health over 2.5s. Entangled target is granted a shield and is unable to move or cast abilities. Breaking shield ends effect.
Barbed Husk (R)
Shield a target ally, guarding them from damage and disables. Projectile and melee attacks absorbed by Barbed Husk trigger a volley of thorns that deal 12 damage to nearby enemies. While shielded, target is unable to move or use abilities.
Dead Roots (F)
Burrow and travel to target location, dealing 16 damage and leaving a trail of dead roots behind you. Dead Roots block projectiles, inflict 40% Snare for 0.5s, and deal 56 damage over duration.
Thorn Barrage (EX M2)
Launch 4 thorns, dealing 10 damage each and inflicting Thorns.
Root Network (EX Space)
Burrow yourself and nearby allies into the ground and emerge beneath your enemies, dealing 14 damage and stunning for 0.5s.
Thorns drain the target, dealing 4 damage to target and healing you for 8 health over 4s.
|Regrowth||Survival||Hitting and enemy with Root Claw reduces incoming damage by 10% for 2.2s. Stacks up to 2 times.||M1||Root Claw|
|Branch Out||Mixed||Root Grip range increases by 20%, drags enemy closer, and deals 2 bonus damage.||M1||Root Claw|
|Neurotoxin||Mixed||Thorns reduces target’s damage and healing output by 25% for 2s.||M2||Leeching Thorns|
|Hamstring Briars||Control||Thorns reduces movement speed of effected enemy by 15%.||M2||Leeching Thorns|
|Parasitic Stems||Offense||Thorns deals 4 bonus damage and heals you for 2 bonus health over its duration.||M2||Leeching Thorns|
|Deep Burrow||Utility||Turn invisible during Burrow.||Space||Burrow|
|Lurker||Utility||Burrow duration increases by 0.5s.||Space||Burrow|
|Impaling Roots||Offense||Moving under an enemy during Burrow sends impaling roots upwards, dealing 10 damage to struck enemies after a 0.2s delay.||Space||Burrow|
|Fearsome Uprootal||Survival||Landing Burrow grants you a shield absorbing 14 damage for every target hit, lasting up to 3s.||Space||Burrow|
|Whiplash||Offense||Landing Evil Clutch grants a recast to strike nearby enemies, dealing 9 damage and inflicting Thorns.||Q||Evil Clutch|
|Grounding Grasp||Control||Evil Clutch inflicts a 1s Root.||Q||Evil Clutch|
|Sinister Sap||Offense||Entangling Roots cooldown is reduced by 1s and deals 8 damage over its duration.||E||Entangling Roots|
|Creeping Roots||Control||Entangling Roots spreads towards nearby enemies when the effect is broken, dealing 4 damage to all enemies hit and inflicting Lesser Entangling Roots.||E||Entangling Roots|
|Critical Backlash||Mixed||Barbed Husk cooldown is reduced by 2s and inflicts Thorns upon enemies hit.||R||Barbed Husk|
|No Escape||Offense||Burrow underground at the end of Dead Roots.||F||Dead Roots|
Jumong is highly energy dependent for survival, so he is receiving a small rework to his energy gain on Rain of Arrows to make it more consistent. His Bear Trap combined with the Trapper rite allows for huge zoning with little downtime, so Bear Trap is getting a slight reduction to its duration.
- Bear Trap duration decreased from 6s to 5s
- Rain of Arrows now gives 10% energy for the first time it hits each enemy target, instead of 15% per target over the duration of the ability
- Aim preview for Bear Trap with Trapper rite now works properly with self cast
Demonic Hunt is an auto-pick Battlerite for Ruh Kaan and highlights the strength of Sinister Strike. Demonic Hunt also affects the strength of Ruh Kaan’s ultimate, so an increased downside for picking Demonic Hunt will allow players to more carefully weigh their options.
- Demonic Hunt now increases cooldown by 2s, up from 1s
Taya’s empowered Razor Boomerang during Haste and Companion Call had an improved damage reduction per hit, yielding very high return damage values. This brings it back to baseline, and makes it slightly more difficult for Taya to burst down an Orb from 60 to 0.
- Empowered Razor Boomerang damage reduction increased from 20% to 35%
Hand of Punishment enables many quick, high-damage combos and contributes to the issue of permanent up time on his debuffs. This change is aimed at weakening both of these factors without making it slow, reactable projectile – Varesh will have to wait longer after Hand of Punishment before he can followup with a Shatter or Hand of Corruption.
- Increased Hand of Punishment post-cast time from 0.2s to 0.4s