On November 15th, we rolled out Patch 1.0.2 to users. As this patch was almost entirely backend improvements, we did not publish a Patch Notes on it.
In Patch 1.0.3 we are making some balance changes to Champions.
Most of the following changes aim to even out pick rates of Battlerites. We targeted the most egregious autopick choices while making a few unpopular choices more attractive.
In certain instances, Croak could hit a target out of his Camouflage and his Deceit while the Stealth Indicator still was in its “Orange Eye” state. This change will make this impossible unless the target is walking straight towards Croak.
- Range for the “Red Eye” Stealth Indicator increased from 3 to 3.3
Blossom exerts high pressure through consistent burst damage while providing strong protection for her allies. We aim to remove some of her burst potential and make her Tree (and its EX version) a bit more vulnerable, giving more opportunities to negate her protective capabilities.
- Forest Sanctuary (EX Q)
- Health reduced from 50 to 45
- Powerful Pitch
- Bonus damage removed, renamed to “Weakening Pitch”
- Healthful Bark
- Bonus health reduced from 12 to 10
- Fixed an issue where Tree of Life and Forest Sanctuary would not end up with the correct amount of health when having Healthful Bark
Raigon continues to have strong self-sustain, which we want to tone down a bit more. The change to Binding Light will make it less punishing to be hit by Retribution, and give Raigon less value when using it without charges. We’ve shifted some of that stickiness onto Royal Descent instead, something that is trickier to land overall.
- Binding Light
- Base Fading Snare duration reduced from 0.7s to 0.5s
- Royal Descent
- Fading Snare duration increased from 1s to 1.2s
- Healing reduced from 10 to 8
The Cyclone Battlerite is incredibly potent, giving Taya frequent opportunities for wall stuns. Toning it down will still allow for some guaranteed follow-ups but reduces the window of opportunity for big combos. Cold Wind and Tracking receive some buffs to offer Taya power in different areas.
- Cold Wind
- Fading Snare duration increased from 0.25s to 0.3s
- Stun Duration reduced from 1.2s to 0.8s
- Duration extension increased from 0.5s to 0.8s
Thorn has shown himself to be powerful in lower levels of play. This is in large part due to him landing the third hit of Root Claw more frequently and players attacking enemies protected by Barbed Husk more often. As such we are toning down Root Grip along with Barbed Husk, and redistributing some of his power to make him more manageable at a lower level while retaining his strengths at a higher level. Picking the Branch Out Battlerite allows Thorn to deal the same amount of damage with Root Grip as before if you are confident in hitting with it. At the same time we’ve moved power from one of his most popular Battlerites, Neurotoxin, to Hamstring Briars, one of the least picked ones.
- Root Claw (M1)
- Damage changed from 12/14/18 to 13/13/16
- Healing from third hit reduced from 8 to 6
- Barbed Husk (R)
- Volley damage reduced from 12 to 10
- Branch Out
- Damage increased from 2 to 4
- Now tagged as an offensive rite
- Damage and healing reduction reduced from 25% to 20%
- Now tagged as a support rite
- Hamstring Briars
- Snare factor increased from 15% to 20%